Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Struggles In The Coruña Airport

This story is waay to good not to post, and good thing for you (bad thing for me) it’s technically not over, so I'll be sure to let you know how it ends.  So as I mentioned in my previous entry, I scheduled a flight to Madrid to meet up with my grandmother and cousin.  I was supposed to leave this morning, however in a slight change of plans, I’m leaving later on today.  Here’s a basic breakdown of how well my morning went.
9:10- arrive at Plaza Ourense to hop on the “aeropuerto” bus
9:22- board the bus, 7 minutes after it was supposed to arrive... meanwhile, I contemplated taking a taxi to the airport since I saw another “aeropuerto” bus zoom right past me, but that one didn’t have any passengers so it probably wasn’t stopping anyways
9:35- excited to be en route to the airport, thinking that I’d have plenty of time to check-in, go through security, and board the plane... uhh yeah, about that
9:45- arrive at the airport, only to discover that my flight was “cancelado” via the departures sign
10:00- after waiting in line for 15 minutes to hop on another flight, I realized that I was in the business class priority line, whoops
10:15- still waiting in a new line, but of course I picked the one that was moving the slowest... sort of like when you’re stuck in traffic and there’s three lanes to choose from and they all look the same, but one is slower than the others
10:40- booked a new reservation, a flight that leaves from the same airport at 17:40... I was offered the option to take a bus to Santiago (a city that’s 35 minutes from Coruña) to board a plane there that would have an earlier arrival in Madrid, but I figured that lady luck wasn’t with me today, so that probably would have led to more struggles
10:45- I hopped on a bus thinking that it would take me back to the center of town where I live, only to realize after asking the driver that this bus was the one with service to Santiago that the airline had sponsored for all the other passengers
11:00- this time I hopped on the correct bus... finally on the way back to my apartment
11:05- realized that I left the keys to the apartment in my room, so I had to wait for someone in my host family to come back, but this allowed for a nice tortilla break with Kendra which was lovely
Although this morning was quite the head ache, I guess I’ll take this as a learning experience; on top of that, I was able to handle all my conversation in Spanish!  Next post in Madrid, I hope!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! NICK... I can totally picture that. Have a blast with grandmammi.. Don't let her stay up too late! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would never happen with me, but I would have loved to be there to help bud!!!

    ReplyDelete